Erie's Land Lighthouse was the first to be constructed on Lake Erie's shore. The original, built of wood, became operational in 1818. The present sandstone, 49 foot structure was completed & opened in 1867. It ceased to function in 1899 & was restored in 1999 as a historical site; the 'Keeper's" house is now a private residence. The land surrounding the lighthouse was designated as parkland by the City of Erie & the lighthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location
1200 Lighthouse Street
Erie, Pennsylvania, 16507, United States